Wednesday, June 22, 2011

All About Final Fantasy XIII-2's Art

All About Final Fantasy XIII-2's Art: "

































































If you're expecting Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIII-2 to look much like the game it's a sequel to, think again. 'The concept is 'surrealism,'' said art director Isamu Kamikokuryo in an interview printed in this week's Famitsu magazine. 'The story and gameplay direction for FFXIII-2 was largely decided upon at an early point in development, and as I thought over what my goals would be for the visuals along those lines, that's what I came up with. I also want to have a dark feel to the game.'


That goes in the opposite direction from FFXIII's bright look, and that's no accident -- considering that the 'dark' direction is something that director Motomu Toriyama has brought up in interviews himself. 'It's not as if we're solely concentrating on that,' Kamikokuryo said, 'but I certainly had the impression that the story takes a serious turn here, and I thought surrealism would match well with it. There was also the fact that the staff on the last game wanted to go with a dark feel for FFXIII during pre-production. I wasn't aware of that since I was still working on FFXII at the time, and when I moved on to XIII, things shifted in a brighter direction instead. So partly it's also an effort to go back to the dark-fantasy style that was part of the original concept.'


Other points brought up in the interview:

"

No comments:

Post a Comment